Tuesday, March 25, 2008

We're home......

We are finally home from the hospital. For those that do not know already, here are her stats:

Delaney Reese Ward
4:50 pm 3/23/08
7 lbs. 0 oz.
20 1/2 inches

I went into labor Saturday night around 8 pm with contractions coming about every 15 minutes. Then it sped up to every 7 minutes by 2 am. I called the doctor and let him know. We stayed at home for about another 1 1/2 and decided to head to the hospital. We got into the hospital and got checked in and everything and I was at 5 cm. Since I didn't post Friday after my doctor appointment, I was at 2 cm and 80% effaced Friday morning. Since some can stay there for awhile, I didn't think anything of it.

Back to the labor. I got an epidural around 6 am since I was experiencing back labor and it was getting worse, not to mention I had been awake almost 24 hours at that point and was getting tired. Then I was able to sleep at 2 1/2 hours which was great. Labor started slowing down so I was given Pitocin to help speed things up. I started pushing around 2 pm and wasn't progressing very much. Dr. Hodges came in and we tried some different things to get help progress things along because I was getting very tired. We finally got things going around 4 pm and then she was born!

She is absolutely beautiful and everyone says she looks like Jeff. I posted some pictures on the blog and will post some more on Shutterfly sometime this week, so let me know if you want to be sent those.

Thank you to everyone who stopped by to see us at the hospital. We will keep everyone updated....

Love to you all,

Jeff, Rebekah, Delaney (Weiland and Lyla too!)

No comments: