Friday, February 8, 2008

Doctor Appointment 2-7-08

I had my appointment yesterday. It was a long one-the wait that is. I waited for one and a half hours before I was seen for my 15 minutes. Why the long wait?? It is a long story, with a sad ending involving another patient so I won't go into details. Now about my appointment....I didn't gain ANY weight since my last visit, but my blood pressure was normal again (even after all the waiting).

I was able to mark three things off my to-do list Dr. Hodges presented me with the previous appointment: we attended childbirth preparation classes, sent in the pre-registration application to the hospital, and found a pediatrician (Dr. Archibald). So that was nice, now if we can only mark a few more off this weekend: packing the hospital bag, buy her going home outfit, finishing her room a little more, going out to a nice dinner, and spending some time together playing our new Wii.

At my last appointment Dr. Hodges warned me that this is the "not so fun" part of pregnancy. Meaning I will get uncomfortable, have trouble sleeping, horrible heart burn, etc. For the most part it is still quite enjoyable except that I have now had heartburn (a first ever) and acid reflux is becoming a problem. But the good news is her heartbeat is still strong and she is still in the birthing position (head down), so that made me feel better.

I have also been able to see her moving more inside. It is amazing to lay on the couch and watch her move my entire belly about! I will post a new picture this weekend!

My next appointment is scheduled for: Thursday, February 21.

No comments: