Friday, January 25, 2008

Dr. Appt on January 25, 2008......

I had my first every two weeks doctor appointment yesterday afternoon. Boy was the office busy, I waited over an hour patiently to see my doctor after this rude couple decided to show up ten minutes late for their ultrasound...the nerve! Dr. Hodges measured my belly again and it is right on schedule, on the small side of course. But he was pleased to find that had gained 4.5 pounds in the last two weeks (cannot say I felt the same). So now I have hit 10 pounds gained! Yikes! My blood pressure was also abnormally high yesterday, so I need to watch my stress levels, but it is hard to do when you are waiting and it starts snowing outside and you just want to go home. My belly is starting to become heavy and I can feel Delaney moving constantly now. According to my email updates she is supposed to be developing sleep patterns right now, but that is not the case.

We started our childbirth preparation classes on Wednesday and that was interesting. Just listening to other couples talk about their pregnancies and to hear how many of them were unplanned. Last week we had a baby care class where they taught basic care and we got to ask a pediatrician questions. Jeff really liked him, so we are going to schedule a consultation shortly with him to see about having him as Delaney's doctor. We also are looking at daycares right now, which is no easy task we have found. In Idaho there is a 4:1 ratio of infants to caregiver and not many are currently accepting infants at the moment-thank goodness we don't live in a bigger city!

Well that is pretty much it for now! My friends Allison, Shannon, and Laila are planning a baby shower for us on February 23rd, so we are looking forward to that and my next doctor appointment is scheduled for February 7th!

No comments: